Friday, February 9, 2007

A New Chapter in My Life

hey guys, i'm VERY new at this, so bear with me, alrite. to all my frens that have been wondering what i've been up to since my degree, this is it... making jewelry! most of u already know that i've always been in love with bracelets, so what better idea than making my own, kan? kan? and now, i even sell them, ehem, ehem.

i like to incorporate different types of beads in my designs, mainly semi precious stones such as aquamarine, turquoise, different quartz etc; crystals, mainly swarovski; pearls; shells and glass beads. NO plastic beads!!!!! coz i personally think they don't go well with the other types, eheh.

so why don't we start off by learning more on the Properties of Gemstones first...

4 comments:

FJ said...

i hv a few questions: where do u get ur stones/stuff? and i come to know jewel maker (yg one-person-show mcm u) suka amik stok dr Filipina. are they really good? wats d difference, i jus wan know

Arfah said...

i get my stones from sane sini, from my class dulu; from ps boutique kalo stones from india; kalo kat jewelry fairs, dpt stones from brazil, south africa, switzerland, etc.
the difference is in the quality and price.
kalo kat jewelry fairs, the quality is usually very good because they've got a standard they have to live up to.
tp kalo kat ps boutique, kene pandai menilai and choose the good ones (shape cantik, clear, berat, etc).
my teacher told me once yg a real stone is cool to the touch and berat compared to fake ones. i mmg hantu semi precious stones, pantang nampak, mesti itchy to buy, haha. u shud see my collection nanti ;p

FJ said...

ohh i'd love to! insya allah, we'll catch up at your place ;)

Arfah said...

yeah, jemputla datang. lame tak lepak same2